Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Acabou Chorare (Moraes Moreira/Novos Baianos)

I'm playing/singing 'Acabou Chorare' (Moraes Moreira/L. Galvão/Os Novos Baianos). The album (by the same name) is without a doubt one of the five greatest albums ever recorded. galvão/moraes wrote this song, inspired by joão's daughter, bebel gilberto. it's a little bit like a modern nursery rhyme. here's a translation by youtuber lyllorj, with a few changes by me: "The crying is over, it's all beautiful now Early in the morning, the coffee is boiling in the pretty bowl. Maybe through a little hole, invaded the house, woke me up in the bed, took my heart and sat on my hand Bee, little bee... The crying is over, make zunzum (bee sound) for me to see, make zunzum for me Bee, little hidden bee make it beautiful, make zunzum and honey Still "in advantage" there's the little lamb present in the mouth Waking up all the people, so soft mé (sound of lamb), that softly Bee, little lamb... The crying is over in the middle of the world Took a deep breath, everything went to the corner Saw the frog in the lagoon, get in that it's good Made zunzum and that's it Made zunzum and that's it Made zunzum" thanks, lyllorj! (www.youtube.com/lyllorj) if you like the song, check out also: RaissaRDourado's version (my favorite right now): www.youtube.com Laura Lopez Castro's music video: (this version seems to have been removed) laraleal's version: www.youtube.com



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyZfqasmb8U&hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment